Wow, I made these at the beginning of the month and still haven’t posted! These came out a little dry, and could have used a little more spice, but weren’t to difficult to make and tasted pretty good.
Turkey Stuffed Peppers (recipe from skinnytaste.com)
- 1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Olive oil spray (I used regular olive oil)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic, and cilantro for 2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey. Season with salt, cumin, and garlic powder, and cook several minutes until meat is brown and cooked through.
- Mix in tomato sauce and 1/2 cup chicken broth and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked rice and meat.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove all seeds. Fill each pepper with meat mixture and place in a baking dish. Pour the remaining chicken broth on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Top with cheese and enjoy!